Is School Choice the Black Choice?
As an organization whose mission is to foster high-quality school options across the state, CSI welcomes opportunities to partner with organizations in advancing the conversation around school choice.
We are excited to have the opportunity to partner with The 74—a non-partisan, nonprofit news site covering education in America with a mission to use the power of journalism and storytelling to improve the policy and practice, the conversation and culture of American education—and Roland Martin— a journalist, syndicated columnist, and host of radio and television shows—as they host an educational town hall.
CSI is pleased to invite you to attend “Is School Choice the Black Choice?” brought to you by The 74 and Roland Martin on Friday, October 11th at 6pm in Denver.
This education town hall is aimed at helping parents in Denver learn how they can better access high-quality schools for their children and will feature speakers local and state-wide education leaders. Featured panelists include:
- Jennifer Bacon, Director, District 4 Denver Public Schools Board of Education
- Papa Dia, Founder & Executive Director of African Leadership Group
- Wisdom Amouzou, Executive Director at Empower Community High School
- James Coleman, CO House of Representatives (D-7)
- Hasira “Soul” Ashemu, Executive Director, Breaking our Chains
- Deborah Hendrix, Executive Director, Parents Challenge
There will also be an opportunity to network with local education reform, civic, and faith groups at the partner networking fair which will take place between 5:30-6pm and 8-8:30pm.
The event is free of charge, food and childcare for ages 3+ will be provided.
Please take a moment to RSVP here.
Friday, October 11th from 6-8pm (partner networking fair from 5:30-6pm and 8-8:30pm)
The Potter’s House of Denver
9495 East Florida Avenue
Denver, CO 80247
We hope to see you there!